Dear Father Angelo,
Here I am writing to you again.
I want to tell you that in recent months I have meditated on the words you wrote to me in your emails and I tell you that I’ve found them very beautiful, the way you listened to me and the way you understood my life journey and, above all, the desire to love Him.
Every time I receive Him in the Holy Communion and even when I just think about Him, I tell myself how infinitely lovable and adorable He is, it is truly beautiful how He fills all my days with beauty … even when I am alone I am fully happy, because He is always with me.
And I also rejoice for you Father Angelo, for your beautiful vocation to be a Dominican Friar, I am very happy that the Lord has given you this Treasure.
May the Lord bless you with everything you desire.
Keep in touch and thank you,
Answer from the priest
It was a joy for me to hear from you.
1. I have often thought of you in recent times, especially on the day of the Presentation of Mary, 21 November. It was my intention to send you the prayer that Saint Catherine of Siena addressed to Mary to be able to make her vow of virginity.
She was only seven years old. I’m sending it to you now. It would be good if you could say it every single day during the novena of the Immaculate Conception.
On the feast day (December 8) offer your heart to the Lord so that it will only belong to Him.
2. Here is the prayer:
“O most blessed and most holy Virgin, who first among women consecrated virginity to God in perpetuity, making a vow, and therefore you are so graciously made Mother of His Only Begotten Son, I pray your ineffable mercy that not looking at my sins and my defects,
you deign to grant me so much grace and that you give me for marriage The One whom I desire with all my soul, that is, the only most sacred Son of God and yours, the Lord Jesus Christ ”.
3. Now I would like to say a few words about what you feel when you feel that the presence of Jesus invades your life.
You write to me: “it is truly beautiful how He fills all my days with Beauty… even when I am alone, I am fully happy, because He is always with me”.
When you live like this, you do immense good to the people you meet or live with.
Everyone experiences without realizing it a benefit similar to that experienced by people who could stay even for a short time near Santa Caterina da Siena.
Blessed Raimondo da Capua, her confessor and biographer, writes:
“For an excess of love I feel prompted at this moment to say that when she spoke, she communicated something I can’t describe, so that the minds of men were so much motivated to do good and to please God that all sadness disappeared from the heart of those who listened to her. All internal affliction also vanished. One forgot about any labor, and he felt seized by a great peace within his soul, so great that everyone, amazed and touched by a new pleasure, thought in his soul: “it’s nice to be here; let us make ourselves three tabernacles forever”.
Nor should we be surprised because undoubtedly He was invisibly hidden in the breast of His wife, He who, transfigured on the mountain, forced Peter to utter similar words” (Legenda maior, 27).
4. So that these experiences do not slip away without noticing them, I would like to underline each one of them.
There are seven and they are all caused by a very strong presence of Jesus (the Bridegroom) in Catherine.
1. “when she spoke, she communicated something I can’t describe, so men’s minds were so much motivated to do good”
2. “and please God”,
3. “that all sadness disappeared from the heart of those who listened to it”,
4. “all inner affliction also vanished”.
5. “he forgot about any labor”,
6. “and he felt seized by a great peace within his soul”,
7. “so great that everyone, amazed and touched by a new pleasure, thought in his soul:” it’s nice to be here; let us make three tabernacles forever”.
5. It was Jesus who, living in Catherine’s heart, did all these things.
Indeed, Blessed Raimondo concludes: “Nor should we be surprised, because without a doubt He was invisibly hidden in the breast of His wife, He who, transfigured on the mountain, forced Peter to utter similar words”.
6. I wish you to live within the Church and to benefit it relentlessly with the spirit of Saint Catherine, in the hope of being able to congratulate you too “for your beautiful Vocation to be a Dominican Friar … very happy that the Lord has given you the gift of this treasure”.
7. I ask our visitors for a Hail Mary so that you can be freed from all the obstacles that from the outside delay what you aspire to with all of yourself.
With the joy of being the first one to pray for this beautiful intention, I remind you to the Lord and I bless you.